Thursday, June 26, 2014

Confused Beginning and a Stomach Ache

My Last Wednesday Night

My last Wednesday night was unlike the rest
Memorized passwords punched out for the last time
Deletions and subconscious browsing no longer in drive
The last sticky gummy line to lick on a white leaf paper
The clock hits 10

Movement reluctant but fingers click rapidly on the black clicker
Laughter and pleasure injected methodically by the tube
Last of everything scattered over the remaining hours
All the while stretch back and down and to the side
The clock strikes 7

Still alive
I did not die
Time to relive a life
A Lie

Hump Day
Hump Away
Hump if You May
Hump My Way

They know something I don't
My clocks opportune moments are barely sneaking by
I notice them as though I didn't
I cannot lie to myself
My eyes to eager to put me down
I dwell in all that is not me
And accept myself not at all
I am my own worst enemy
Who I am
The ATE in HATE and spit it back out just to eat it again the next day
This is heaven free to run amuck
Or hell free to run amuck
I know what this is
This opportunity of life
How can I legend a change and warp a mind into bliss
My challenge is a stage and I am the director
My ability to visualize the applause is all I have left
Because win to lose or lose to win
The clock strikes 3:00
To bed it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment