Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympic Me

Comfortable, never moving self
Half asleep and its already twelve
All the energy bottled up
To pour half empty or fill my cup

Am I in Hell's valley?
Long summer days have been dreadful for me.
Unbearable heat and slow days at work that seem to inch along like snails on the front porch -
 me thinks it's not for me.
Summer of Olympics has giving me a reason to not hate myself for loathing around the house.
Although watching athletic bodies for hours a day has made me look at my own body questionably.
AC blasting as I watch my lawn die and brown from the comfort of the cushions of my favorite couch.
My makeshift Igloo is my new home. Work, office, car, traffic, lines, lunch times, break times, small talk, water cooler chit-chat, casual dress Fridays...
I am lost to these things. A big, fat, lazy sloth am I.
This is my summer vacation.
Beach...
Home...
Couch...
This is my summer vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment